Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Month is Almost Over

This week I have been furiously editing Jokes and Riddles and Stories that the visitors to the playhouse have submitted. It's always fun to come across a new riddle or joke that I haven't heard. This time there were a couple. I'll share them here. Perhaps they'll put a smile on your face.

What happened to the dog that swallowed a firefly? 
It barked with de-light! 

Why do scissors make such good drivers?
Because they know all the shortcuts!

Anyway, with the arrival of Halloween my web traffic has increased and that's a good thing. 

Changes are happening in our nest too. It won't be empty much longer. M has accepted a coop work term at Techno Dude's place of work so she'll be moving home for four months at Christmas. Congratulations honey. I wonder what she'll think of Techno Dude's carpool?

Reebs of course will be home for Christmas and then for four months in the summer. I should mention Reebs iStock is going really well, she has several picture sales a month. Way to go Reebs!  It will be fun to have them back home, even if it is for a short time.

This week we've had a lot of high winds and thunderstorms.  A couple of times the power went out during the day because of the wind. Fonzie really doesn't like all the noise of the fire alarms resetting when the power is restored. The noises make him quite anxious. The other day he jumped on my lap and then climbed on my desk to find comfort. What a silly pup!
Silly, frightened Fonzie. How can I get any work done?

1 comment: