Well the time is here, Techno Dude and I are empty nesters. We're on day three I think. We're busily getting ourselves ready to leave the nest for a few days and enjoy life elsewhere.
On Sunday we dropped M off in Waterloo so she could begin her work term there. The move went relatively easy, Junior Techie was even around to lend a hand. It's not easy to say good-bye, but alas we had to because we had another move to do the following day.
Monday morning we woke up bright and early (5 am) and got ourselves ready to drop off Reebs. Everything went fairly smoothly, if you look past her room being full of another person's furniture and no running water. This good-bye was also hard. It was our first.
So I've left pieces of my heart in Waterloo and Mississauga. Our next scheduled reunion is Thanksgiving and I can't wait.
Here are some pictures of Reebs' new lodgings. Her bedroom is rather small (8x8) but the common areas are a good size.
Her sleeping area.
I miss both the girls but I am so excited to see what their futures hold.
Another chapter of your life begins. Enjoy this quiet stage with your life partner. Each time your young-ins return, the nest will seem a whole lot smaller! Sending you love.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you and Techno Dude will survive just fine, and I wish both the girls all the best this semester... And lots of love to you all. :)
ReplyDeletexxoxoo
-the avid traveler ;)